Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

Hope you all have a great one! Here is my first "real life" post - i thought i would share the treats i sent in for my youngest son's class today. We made these last night and he was such a great helper! He put the sticks in all of them (you have to dunk them in melted chocolate, then freeze or refrigerate to get them to set, before you decorate), and he also made some for home.

I do these the "cheater" way and use the Babycakes Cake Pop Maker. Making real cake pops is a lot of work that i'm just not willing to get into! And to me, they do not even taste that great. The texture reminds me of uncooked cake! To each their own i guess ;)  I feel it's much simpler to do them this way, and since they are a process to get to the finish point, i'm all about cutting corners any way that i can. I usually make these for kids, so lets face it - if it's covered in melted chocolate and sprinkles, they don't really care what it took to get to that part! After the sticks have set, you melt down some of the wafers in the microwave in a deeper bowl.. i just use a 2 cup glass Pyrex measuring cup. It helps to angle it so you can kind of swirl the cake pop in the melted chocolate. Then you decorate them with sprinkles, jimmies, cake decor items, etc. There are some really cute ideas online for more intricate ones too.

So here it is! I put shredded white and red basket filler over a piece of floral foam. I already had these items on hand, but good news for you if you want to try this - you can get those items for cheap at the Dollar Store! The little tin pail was from Ikea. I also sent Birthday cake pops in like this before, so that little pail comes in handy. They sometimes have these in the Target Dollar area too, so keep your eyes peeled.


No comments:

Post a Comment